Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fad Dieting

Gluten Free... yeah, call me weak, but I just couldn't do it! I wanted to, but what was my reasoning? I was not gluten intolerent and the few days I did try it, I skipped my oats for breakfast and I was absolutely starving, which led to some major overeating, thus defeating the whole purpose! So... another diet idea lies in the dust, along with low carb, low fat, grapefruit, the points one, etc. etc.

I decided to just listen to my body. It was smart, it will tell me what I need, and what I don't ( case in point of how your tummy feels after hitting your local drivethru). So, here we are, back on just clean eating, asking myself a few simple questions before every meal.
1. Do I recognize all of the ingrediants in this?
2. Would I eat them alone, if I do?
3. Would my great great grandma have eaten this?
4. Is it really a good choice?

By answering these few easy questions, the majority of the time, you can figure out if this is really what you should be eating. Reward for doing this? A happier, healthier you. Take the time, plan it out, and really think about what you are eating. Failing to do so can only have bad results most of the time. I'm not saying that you can't have some quick go to meals and snacks, just take the time to know what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment