Monday, January 3, 2011

It's a New Dawn

I've spent the last few weeks laying the ground work... doing my research... driving my friends crazy. I finally came up with some cold hard facts. First and most important. I came to the realization that it was truly unfair for me to nag my husband, daughter, mother, etc. to work out, eat better! When in fact, I was not eating as good as I could have been, or making it to the gym like I should have been. Ouch, backhanded slap in the face sister.

Lesson 1: Lead by example. You can only control you, and only you. To try and do more would just be bad for everyone involved. It was very hard for me to admit this, but when I did, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders!! Huge, huge, huge.

Lesson 2: Look closely at your life... write it all out.. what's going on? I made the very personal decision to set aside some things in my life for the time being and to take this time to focus on being the best me possible. Writing everything out gave me accountability. I knew where I needed to focus more energy and attention to, and where I needed to maybe cut back for awhile. Turns out, I was wearing lots and lots of hats (I love hats!!!) and unfortunately none of them looked good.

So, I'm here, and I'm ready to keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment